TENET hereby gives notice that the following fees model for Identity Providers will apply from 1 May 2019:
A once-off take-on charge of R 2 400 will be levied for each new production entity registered under the SAML2 technology profile to cover the administrative overheads of processing a new identity provider registration.
Annual recurring costs
|FTE Band||Technology Profile||Effective Max Discount|
|0–500||R 3 000||R 250||-|
|501–1 000||R 5 400||R 450||10%|
|1 001–2 500||R 12 750||R 1 062||15%|
|2 501–5 000||R 24 000||R 2 000||20%|
|5 001–10 000||R 45 000||R 3 750||25%|
|10 001–15 000||R 63 000||R 5 250||30%|
|15 001–30 000||R 108 000||R 9 000||40%|
|> 30 000||+ R 2 000 per additional 1 000 FTE over 30 000||+ R 167 per additional 1 000 FTE over 30 000||> 40%|
For public and private institutions recognised by the Department of Higher Education and Training, the FTE count from the last published HEMIS2 submissions will be used. For other organisations, a mutually agreeable method for determining FTE count must be derived.
All annual recurring costs are subject to an annual escalation to reflect the increasing costs of providing and maintaining the service.
Discounts and exemptions
- All SAFIRE’s fees are waived until 31 December 2019. IdPs joining before this date will not be charged retrospectively
- Institutions that are beneficiaries under TENET’s REN Services Agreement at the time of their on-boarding are exempt from SAFIRE’s fees provided that the sum of the preceeding 12 months’ Agency Fee was greater than or equal to the equivalent SAFIRE fee.
- Non-profit or public benefit organisations properly registered as such in South Africa may request a discount.
- The SAFIRE Steering Committee may, at its sole discretion, elect to discount or exempt any organisation from paying SAFIRE’s fees.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this covers the FTE count of all persons recognised as "staff" or "student" under the eduPersonAffiliation definition, but excludes those who are merely "employee" under that definition. In HEMIS terms, this means the "trade/craft" and "service" personnel categories are excluded. [return]
- DHET’s Higher Education Management Information System, or its successor or equivalent government-mandated reporting system. Note that published HEMIS submissions usually lag by approximately two years. [return]