This page contains links to more information and technical resources. It will be expanded as time passes, and stuff here may change significantly. The idea is to provide a starting point for people looking to implement an identity or service provider connected to SAFIRE.
Introduction to Federation
- The NSRC & GÉANT have produced an excellent series of videos giving a broad introductory overview of federation topics, which are available at https://learn.nsrc.org/FedIdM.
Identity provider deployment
- IdP Installer - Federated identity Appliance developed by CANARIE (CA) /SWAMID (SE).
- Step-by-step IdP installation - written by Tuakiri (NZ), but many of the principles follow through.
- TestShib - Test service provider.
Service Provider deployment
- How to turn web-based services into Service Providers of Identity Federation (Sci-GaIA free online course)
- Research & Scholarship entity category
User Interface/Login pages/Discovery
- REFEDS Discovery Guide - best practices for integrating federation login into your web site.
- Shibboleth embedded discovery service
- MDUI - metadata user interface extensions.