This page contains links to more information and technical resources. It will be expanded as time passes, and stuff here may change significantly. The idea is to provide a starting point for people looking to implement an identity or service provider connected to SAFIRE.
Introduction to Federation
- The NSRC & GÉANT have produced an excellent series of videos giving a broad introductory overview of federation topics, which are available at https://learn.nsrc.org/FedIdM.
Identity provider deployment
- IdP Installer – Federated identity Appliance developed by CANARIE (CA) /SWAMID (SE).
- Step-by-step IdP installation – written by Tuakiri (NZ), but many of the principles follow through.
- TestShib – Test service provider.
Service Provider deployment
- How to turn web-based services into Service Providers of Identity Federation (Sci-GaIA free online course)
- Research & Scholarship entity category
User Interface/Login pages/Discovery
- REFEDS Discovery Guide – best practices for integrating federation login into your web site.
- Shibboleth embedded discovery service
- MDUI – metadata user interface extensions.
- Integrating library resource providers via SAFIRE
- Testing your IdP or SP
- Monitoring of Identity Providers
- Generating certificates for SAFIRE
- Configuring G Suite (Google Apps) as an IdP for SAFIRE
- Generating eduPersonAffiliation from your internal directory
- Generating eduPersonPrincipalName from your internal directory
- Configuring ADFS for SAFIRE
- Configuring Shibboleth Identity Provider for SAFIRE
- Configuring Shibboleth Service Provider for SAFIRE
- Configuring SimpleSAMLphp for SAFIRE